[LLVMdev] LLVM/Clang SVN: 2 Questions

MortenMacFly mac-fly at gmx.net
Sat Jun 2 06:02:53 PDT 2012

thanks a lot for all the answers, I didn't expect so much effort, that's
great!

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> But he was actually building with cmake, which generates its own
> makefiles.

True.

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> Either he invoked cmake on a separate build directory
> (correct) and then switched to the source directory for executing `make'
> (wrong)

That is true. I tried to run make in that folder only, after the "global
make" in the "build" subdirectory did not build the llvm-config tool using
Cmake. To be honest: I don't know Cmake much, I thought as it creates
Makefile's in each directory, one can start a make from there, too.

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> or he directly executed cmake on the source directory thus
> overwriting the hand-made makefiles distributed with LLVM (wrong wrong
> wrong).

No, it wasn't that worse. ;-)

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> In that case, the hand-made Makefile on tools/llvm-config was
> still there because he was not using MSYS. With gnuwin32 or a bare mingw
> install the llvm-config directory is ignored.

Ok - this is understood. I have Gnuwin32 tools (including SED) in the path
at least, too. So should I simply hand-craft my own build? How do you guys
create llvm-config on Windows? Is it actually needed? I found this in may
tutorials to easily set-up the command line options for Clang based builds.