[LLVMdev] Buildbot exception get_builddir?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sat Jun 2 01:03:44 PDT 2012

Hi Mikael,

> I'm sure you have all seen this exception dozens of times, but I cannot figure
> out what it means and what I am doing wrong.  As per suggestion of the list, I
> have put up a Mingw64 build slave and am frantically trying to get it to work.
>   But the Waterfall display kindly informs me that "exception get_builddir" is
> the result of the attempt of building.

I guess you are talking about this buildbot:

   http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-native-mingw64-win7

If you click on one of the builds, for example

   http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-native-mingw64-win7/builds/14

you see that indeed it got an exception in the first step:

   get_builddir get_builddir exception ( 0 secs )
   stdio
   err.html
   err.text

If you click on the stdio link you get here

http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-native-mingw64-win7/builds/14/steps/get_builddir/logs/stdio

If you scroll down to the end you will see

     raise NotImplementedError, "spawnProcess not available since pywin32 is not
installed."

It seems you need to install pywin32.

Ciao, Duncan.