[LLVMdev] [DragonEgg] Mysterious FRAME coming from gimple to LLVM

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:04:38 PDT 2012

Hi Anton,

Still there, even with opts. I consulted with GCC guys and debugged f951 a
little bit. The conclusion is that unfortunately this logic is always
effective for nested calls using parent's data (through the GCC function
called convert_nonlocal_reference_op). Consider the provided test case: it
has one func embedded into another one, and data of parent is used in
nested without being passed in arguments. In this case as I understand
FRAME is always created. Still, our question is if it is good to keep it
for LLVM. This thing introduces additional unexpected load/stores and
phi-nodes.

- D.