[LLVMdev] X86 FMA4

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Fri Jul 27 00:45:18 PDT 2012

Just looked up the numbers from Agner Fog for Sandy Bridge for vmovaps/etc for loading/storing from memory.

vmovaps - load takes 1 load mu op, 3 latency, with a reciprocal throughput of 0.5.
vmovaps - store takes 1 store mu op, 1 load mu op for address calculation, 3 latency, with a reciprocal throughput of 1.

He does not list vmovsd, but movsd has the same stats as vmovaps, so I feel it is a safe assumption to make that vmovsd has the same stats as well.

Michael