[LLVMdev] Inneffiecient code produced by reg2mem?

ryan baird ryanrbaird at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:28:27 PDT 2012

Is there a pass I can use after reg2mem to get rid of occurances like this?:

  store i32 %cond, i32* %cond.reg2mem
  %cond.reload = load i32* %cond.reg2mem
  store i32 %cond.reload, i32* %cond4.reg2mem

Essentially, in this case, reg2mem creates an extra memory space to store
and load a value from just here, and never uses the value again; since this
isn't efficient code, I'm wondering if there's another pass I can use to
fix the innefficient code reg2mem produces, or if my translator should do
it's own PHI elimination?