[LLVMdev] How to carry a command line option down to the Object Writer

Aaron Kobayashi aaron.kobayashi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:26:45 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I want to create a command line arg that affects if MCObjectWriter
(Particularly ELFObjectWriter) includes some special data or not.  I have
created args before and have not had a problem creating passes based on
their existence.  However, at the level that MCObjectWriter exists, I can't
figure out how to pipe the information to it, or how to get ahold of the
writer object so I can set a flag before it runs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?  It's somewhat frustrating
to have what I need (seemingly) working great, but not be able to get a
command line option from the start to where it counts!

Thanks,
Aaron K.