[LLVMdev] rwx pages dangerous?

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Wed Jul 18 15:38:07 PDT 2012

The main problem, as I see it, is that there's no way for the memory manager to know when it can safely change the protection state of sections apart from making assumptions about the implementation of MCJIT (namely that it will generate code on construction) and receiving some sort of notification outside the standard interface.  I believe there's also no provision for handling read-only data sections.

These are minor problems, of course, but I think it's a place where there's room for improvement.

-Andy