[LLVMdev] FYI: Planning to remove ProfileInfo and related passes from LLVM

#ALOK PRAKASH# ALOK0001 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Mon Jul 16 21:00:01 PDT 2012

Hello Alastair,

Yeah like I said, I was not aware of the new profile framework being developed. Interestingly BPI and BFI didnt turn up in any searches either. Anyway, I will take a look at them and see how they differ from the existing tools.

Profile.pl is understandably a very simple script, but it does make it easier to see some preliminary profile results and identity the hot portions of a program which are suitable for hardware acceleration. llvm-prof also helps in the same way.

Cheers,
Alok