[LLVMdev] Recompiling llvm+clang how-to?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:08:08 PDT 2012

Hello list

I have questions about compiling Clang+llvm.

I compile as the link below instructs.

http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html

I do on Ubuntu 12.04.

`time make -j5` prints for about 13 minutes to compile a brand new
version of Clang+llvm.
And after this I edit some C++ code(clang/tools/driver/driver.cpp) and
compiles using the very same makefile which was used above sentence.
But this time the make command event NOT return for about more than 13 hours.

If I want to recompile already compiled source code, how am I supposed to do?
- Do I need to make another build directory and build there?
- Do I only need to wait that long time?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely
Journeyer J. Joh

Journeyer J. Joh