[LLVMdev] Unable to do even basic Clang tutorial

NY Knicks Fan nyknicksfan92009 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 15:52:23 PDT 2012

Hi Ashok,

The documentation suggests that I put clang inside of llvm/tools and so I have two separate include directories.  I tried both of them and neither worked:

$ clang++ -I llvm/include tutorial1.cpp
In file included from tutorial1.cpp:5:
In file included from llvm/include/llvm/Support/raw_ostream.h:17:
In file included from llvm/include/llvm/ADT/StringRef.h:13:
llvm/include/llvm/Support/type_traits.h:20:10: fatal error: 'llvm/Support/DataTypes.h' file not found
#include "llvm/Support/DataTypes.h"
         ^
1 error generated.

$ clang++ -I llvm/tools/clang/include/ tutorial1.cpp
tutorial1.cpp:5:10: fatal error: 'llvm/Support/raw_ostream.h' file not found
#include "llvm/Support/raw_ostream.h"
         ^
1 error generated.

Any help you can provide is very much appreciated.