[LLVMdev] Running c++-analyzer on svn r159506 llvm-clang

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:12:51 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Anna Zaks <ganna at apple.com> wrote:

> Thanks for making the results of the analyzer available.

No problem. Im still just thinking about how I could assist in
improving both the compiler and the src analyzer. Running the analyzer
on the compiler seemed to be a sensible approach, as people here will
probably know (at least a little) about the both of them, which may
increase the small likelyhood that they either fix the compiler or the
analyzer.

> Ted has recently added IPA support for C++, so the number of bugs reported increased dramatically.
> In some cases our diagnostic clarity is still lagging behind for C++ bugs that span multiple functions (it's WIP).

Im aware that some of the program is still work in progress; the C++
analyzer does seem to be in a better state though than what the
current web pages imply. :)

If doing this is indeed helpful, and if it's not part of the build-bot
already, I have no problems with running the analyzer on a
semi-regular basis.

Thanks,

John Smith.