[LLVMdev] newbie question: "saving" modules

Desty Nova destynova2022 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:44:34 PST 2012

Hello,

Just starting out with LLVM.  I've gone through the example code and the
Kaleidoscope tutorial, and found it very informative.

One question, though, and apologies if I missed an answer in Googling.  I
understand that when you create functions in a LLVM language and pass it
through the JIT interpreter, then that function lives in the current
address space for the duration of the running process.

If correct, is there any way to get it to persist so the code doesn't have
to be re-entered each time the process starts?  How about making the
function available to other processes in real time?  Using a mmap, perhaps
-- and if so, are there any examples out there doing that?

Again, apologies for such a newbie question.

-D