[LLVMdev] Fwd: How to force the creation of arrays with zeroes?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Sat Jan 21 09:13:11 PST 2012

Sorry, forgot to reply-all

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info>
Date: Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 20:59
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] How to force the creation of arrays with zeroes?
To: Stepan Dyatkovskiy <STPWORLD at narod.ru>

> Though, there is also cases when we really need to transform it to 10,000 zeroes (just look at CBackend.cpp, when we print constant arrays, string #1027). There is also cases when we need to get either operand[i] or zero (SCCP.cpp, str #413). Both for CBackend and for SCCP we can reduce code size keeping performance on the same level.
In these 2 particular cases the changes of the code size can
definitely be neglected. Even more, in SCCP the use of CAZ is a
performance win, since we do not have to check at all operands are
zero, we already (!) know this.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov