[LLVMdev] Public SmallVectorImpl constructor?

Vane, Edwin edwin.vane at intel.com
Fri Jan 20 07:08:44 PST 2012

Hi all,

Just finished debugging a memory clobbering bug resulting from using SmallVectorImpl directly without realizing this is a bad idea (aside: I was using it directly because llvm::sys::path::append()'s first argument is a SmallVectorImpl<char>). A note in the docs about not using SmallVectorImpl directly would be nice but could we go further and make SmallVectorImpl's constructors not public? Is there a  reason why they're public right now?

--
Edwin Vane
  Software Developer