[LLVMdev] multi-threading in llvm

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Fri Jan 6 18:23:00 PST 2012

On 01/07/2012 12:38 AM, Vlad Krylov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It was proposed to implement OpenMP framework.
> Is there any progress in this area? Was the question raised at the
> Euro-LLVM? Does anybody work on implementation?

I am not aware of any work that was done or is planned to be done in public.

At Euro-LLVM I had a short discussion with Alexandra about targeting the
OpenMP run time. We would both be interested in code that can translate
normal LLVM-IR loops in OpenMP parallel loops. I am not sure,
if Alexandra has some code that she can share. I for myself looked into
the problem. I believe the loop extractor is a good start to implement
such functionality. Yet, I do not have any written code ready.

Do you happen to be interested to work on this? ;-) I can definitely
give you some hints.

Cheers
Tobi