[LLVMdev] generating ELF files on non-ELF platforms with MC

Bendersky, Eli eli.bendersky at intel.com
Wed Jan 4 04:44:41 PST 2012

> Is there an existing method to generate ELF objects with MC on
> Windows, without modifying MC?
Here "on windows" you mean you want to generate the ELF file with windows-specific code inside?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov

Hi Anton,

Yes, what I mean is that I want to generate runnable Windows code, on Windows, but package in ELF as the object file. Note that there's absolutely no problem with this approach - in fact we have a functional prototype already.
The reason for this is that I currently want to employ MC-JIT on both Linux and Windows, without implementing two separate runtime dynamic loaders. I want to implement just RuntimeDyldELF, and use it on both Windows and Linux.

Eli

Intel Israel (74) Limited