[LLVMdev] llvm register coalescing

Maurice Marks maurice.marks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:18:14 PST 2012

I wanted to update the llvm list on an offline discussion I was having with
Rafael about a problem we have been seeing trying to compile an
"interpreter" type of program with clang. It was producing a huge number of
spills, something we had seen in llvm 2.8, and it seemed to have recurred
in 3.0. Following Rafael's advice we added -disable-early-taildup to llc
and the spills disappeared. It would be nice if we could pass such switches
directly through the clang command line. Is there a way to do that?

thanks for your help Rafael!

/maurice

--
Not sent from my Blackberry, Raspberry or Gooseberry!