[LLVMdev] Building Test Suite Still Not Successful

Arnamoy Bhattacharyya arnamoy at ualberta.ca
Sun Feb 19 16:47:45 PST 2012

Hello;

I am still having problems making the llvm-test suite and running command
like "make TEST=libcalls report" is giving me unexpected output.  So first
I tried the following -

1. I built and installed llvm(3.0) under Ubuntu 11.10 (using the
./configure script found under llvm source, and then make and make
install).  While configuring, I gave --prefix as a directory where I would
like llvm to be installed.  I did not give --with-llvmgccdir  argument to
configure.  Because 3.0 doesn't come with llvmgcc source/binaries and I
decided upon using the compatible version of dragon egg.

2. I made dragon egg, I updated the makefile of the same in the line
"LLVM_CONFIG?=/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-install/bin/llvm-config" (llvm was
installed inside llvm-install directory).  It successfully produced the
dragon egg .so file.  Using this .so file I was able to compile simple c
programs and manipulate them.

3. I tried to compile test-suite.  I downloaded the test-suite into the
<llvm source>/projects directory and then reconfigured in the same above
said way (without the argument "--with-llvmgccdir").  Then I did a "make"
and "make install" again (as if I don't do it, I was getting some error
while compiling simple files).  This created a test-suite inside the <llvm
object>/projects directory.  I went inside that directory and ran "make".

4.  After that I tried to run the following commands.
gmake TEST=nightly report
gmake TEST=libcalls report

But I got unexpected outputs.(Listed Below)  Then I tried the method
suggested by Duncan -

1 Create a directory XYZ/bin/ containing the following scripts:

1.1 llvm-g++.sh which contains the following

  #!/bin/sh
  exec g++-4.6.1 -fplugin=path_to_plugin/dragonegg.so "$@"

1.2 llvm-gcc.sh which contains -

  #!/bin/sh
  exec gcc-4.6.1 -fplugin=path_to_plugin/dragonegg.so "$@"

2.  I gave execute permission to llvm-gcc.sh and llvm-g++.sh
3.  I deleted all the contains of the llvm-objects and llvm-install
direcory (So I can make a fresh build)
4. I configured LLVM with:  --with-llvmcc=llvm-gcc
--with-llvmgccdir=path/XYZ/
5.  Then "make" and "make install" from within the <llvm-objects> directory
6.  Run make from <llvm-objects>/projects/test-suite directory (To make the
test suite.
7.  Run the same commands as before to produce nightly and libcalls report.

But the results were just as the previous.  The results looked something
like the following -

*Part of the report .txt file for nightly*

Program                                                                  |
GCCAS Bytecode LLC compile LLC-BETA compile JIT codegen | GCC     CBE LLC
LLC-BETA JIT | GCC/CBE GCC/LLC GCC/LLC-BETA LLC/LLC-BETA
MultiSource/Applications/Burg/burg                                       |
*     *        *           *                *           |  0.0000 *   *   *
       *   | n/a     n/a     n/a          n/a
MultiSource/Applications/ClamAV/clamscan                                 |
*     *        *           *                *           |  0.1900 *

*And the raw file for nightly contains the following messages - *

>>> =========
'/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod'
Program

TEST-RESULT-nat-time: program 0.060000

TEST-FAIL: llc
/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod

TEST-FAIL: compile
/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod

TEST-FAIL: jit
/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod

TEST-FAIL: compile
/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod

*Part of the report .txt file for libcalls*

Name                                                                     |
total | #exit |
MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod                | *     | *     |
MultiSource/Applications/JM/lencod/lencod                | *     | *     |
MultiSource/Applications/sqlite3/sqlite3                      | *     | *

MultiSource/Applications/SIBsim4/SIBsim4                | *     | *     |
MultiSource/Applications/siod/siod                             | *     | *

*And the raw file for libcalls contains all the messages like this - *
>>> =========
'/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/ldecod/ldecod'
Program
opt: Unknown command line argument '-debug-only=simplify-libcalls'.  Try:
'/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/Release/bin/opt -help'
opt: Did you mean '-debug-pass=simplify-libcalls'?
>>> =========
'/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/projects/test-suite/MultiSource/Applications/JM/lencod/lencod'
Program
opt: Unknown command line argument '-debug-only=simplify-libcalls'.  Try:
'/home/arnie/llvm/llvm-obj/Release/bin/opt -help'
opt: Did you mean '-debug-pass=simplify-libcalls'?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

--
Arnamoy Bhattacharyya
Athabasca Hall 143