[LLVMdev] Bringing back Andersen-like alias analysis

Tristan Schmelcher tristan_schmelcher at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Feb 19 16:18:49 PST 2012

Hello,

I am researching a more efficient approach to subset-based alias analysis
in the style of Andersen's algorithm, and I noticed that there used to be
an implementation of that for LLVM back in 2.6 (-anders-aa) which was
removed because it was "not being actively maintained and had substantial
problems". I'd be interested in knowing what was wrong with it (other than
Andersen's algorithm being O(n^3)) so that I can avoid the same mistakes.
Does anyone recall what the issues were?

Thanks.