[LLVMdev] [patch] Enhance of asm macros

Vladimir Sorokin v.d.sorokin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:52:40 PST 2012

Hello Kevin,

I thinking about this, but there are some problems:

1) Differrent interpretation of $[:number:] in macro body:
source:
.macro test par1
  movl $0, %eax
.endm

test %ebx

translated to:
original llvm => movl %ebx, %eax
with patch => movl $0, %ebx

2) Different parsing of space in macro parameters:
source:

test2 a + b,c

parsed as:
original llvm => macro test2 with two arguments 'a+b','c'
with patch => macro test2 with three arguments 'a','+','b,c'

For compability this problems requiring some compiler switch flag. Can you
give me description/example how it's can be done?

Thanks for response.