[LLVMdev] nosegmentedstacks function attribute

Brian Anderson banderson at mozilla.com
Sun Feb 12 23:49:17 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm glad to hear this news, Sanjoy. Rust currently generates some functions that run with segmented stacks and some that run on big stacks (for C interop and the main function). When we switch to the C stack we have to reconfigure the stack boundary so it doesn't trip the call to __morestack. It would be cleaner if we could just tell LLVM not to generate the check for these functions.