[LLVMdev] generating !llvm.dbg.sp

Bendersky, Eli eli.bendersky at intel.com
Thu Feb 9 07:17:04 PST 2012

Hello,

According to the documentation here - http://llvm.org/docs/SourceLevelDebugging.html:

>>    All subprogram descriptors are collected by a named metadata !llvm.dbg.sp.

LLVM seems to have lost the ability to generate this metadata node in r126871, when DIFactory was removed.

Is this an intended change? We were relying in the existence of this node, and things broke once we switched from LLVM 2.8 to 3.0.
Is there an alternative location where all the subprogram debug descriptors (DW_TAG_subprogram) can be obtained?

Thanks in advance,
Eli

Intel Israel (74) Limited