[LLVMdev] tbaa differences in llvm 3.0

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Feb 6 20:56:20 PST 2012

Maurice,

I think that your best option is to submit a patch that adds an option
to turn off the problematic overriding. As Dan confirmed, there is a
comment at the end of BasicAliasAnalysis::aliasGEP regarding "protecting
TBAA in the case of dynamic indices into arrays of unions", and the
logic at issue can be found there. Would a command-line option work for
you?

 -Hal

--
Hal Finkel