[LLVMdev] JIT crashes Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 when Disassembly Window opens

Bob Floyd bobfloyd at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 18:05:47 PST 2012

Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, or 2012 with Update 1, intermittently (90% of
the time in my case) crashes when the "Disassembly Window" is opened at the
address of JIT code generated by LLVM. This happens when either entering the
address into the address bar of the Disassembly Window, or stepping into JIT
code that opens the Disassembly Window.

Microsoft has acknowledged the crash to be a bug in VS2012 (a support
incident was created, etc.) and I have been told the issue is fixed and will
be in the next major release of Visual Studio - probably late 2013.

If anyone else has encountered this, I would like to hear from you to make
the case for a MS "hotfix".