[LLVMdev] 3.2 version string

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Dec 25 13:21:06 PST 2012

Jeff Bezanson <jeff.bezanson at gmail.com> writes:

> LLVM 3.2 came as a nice Christmas present. Just one minor question: I
> noticed that the version string (used to name the shared library etc.)
> is "3.2svn" instead of the expected "3.2". This violates our build
> system's expectations of what things are called. It would be easy for
> us to change, but I want to make sure this is not a mistake. I am
> fairly certain I downloaded the right tarball. How should we proceed?

If you are building with CMake try editing the CMakeLists.txt file on
the top level of the source tree and removing `svn' from

set(PACKAGE_VERSION "${LLVM_VERSION_MAJOR}.${LLVM_VERSION_MINOR}svn")

Filing a bug report explaining the problem would be useful for avoiding
the same mistake on the next release.