[LLVMdev] llvm 32bit with 64bit output?

Flexicat01 nekroze.lives at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:48:24 PST 2012

I am looking at starting a project to make a toy language that is targeted
purely at 64bit windows. I have never used llvm or anything like it i am
just trying to learn new things.

However there are several problems, as far as i have seen, with compiling
llvm in 64bit on windows. So i was wondering if i compile a 32bit version of
llvm and use that can my resulting compiler output 64bit binaries?

Secondary question, should i use mingw or msvc to build llvm and my
compiler? i would like to use cygwin mingw but i think that still makes the
resulting binaries require cygwin1.dll but not sure if there is a way to get
out of that.

EDIT: To clarify i dont mind if i have to use cygwin (normal cygwin gcc or
mingw) solong as the binary my compiler outputs does not require cygwin1.dll
then i am happy. The compiler requiring cygwin1.dll is not so much of a
problem for me i just want my toy language/compiler to be win64 binaries
that do not require the cygwin1.dll.