[LLVMdev] Getting rid of tabs in LLVM's assembly output?

Eli Bendersky eliben at google.com
Tue Dec 18 11:12:04 PST 2012

Scenario: sometimes when creating tests for MC, I run llc, take its
assembly (.s) output and copy-paste parts of it into a test.

Problem: I then get tabs in my tests, which are discouraged by LLVM's
own code standards, because assembly output uses tabs extensively.

Proposal: get rid of tabs by just replacing them with two spaces everywhere.

I had an informal chat about this with Jim on the IRC channel and he
tends to agree, but I just wanted to make sure it makes sense for the
community before starting this. The change mostly involves lib/MC and
the target-specific TableGen files defining instructions.

Eli