[LLVMdev] PowerPC 64 build bots...

Benjamin Kramer benny.kra at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 03:48:55 PST 2012

On 10.12.2012, at 15:19, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com> wrote:

> Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been working to revive the PPC64 build bots, and succeeded, but
>> not for the right reasons. There were still bootstrap assertion
>> failures and other pretty blatant errors. Then we figured out why:
>> the Clang bootstrapping build bots for Power7 are not actually
>> running any of the Clang tests!
>>
>> Could one of you tweak this build bot's configuration to match the
>> other bootstrap bot configurations that run both LLVM and Clang tests?
>
> Maybe I'm confused somehow, but I thought this one:
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-ppc64-elf-linux2
> does bootstrap and then run both LLVM and Clang tests (successfully):
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-ppc64-elf-linux2/builds/775/steps/check-all_1/logs/stdio

It does now, but failed to do so until r169695 due to a incompatibility of LLVM's makefiles and Fedora 17's version of python. It still reported a (false) green status, which is indeed confusing and probably a different bug in our buildbot infrastructure. The LLVM bots were unaffected, they're still running on Fedora 16.

Now the bot successfully runs all clang regression tests, which is great and very helpful by reporting new regressions early.

- Ben