[LLVMdev] ARM assembly

Amir Yazdanbakhsh amir.yazdanbakhsh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:09:47 PST 2012

I used your code and it works fine. Once I increase the number of variable
it uses the extra registers which I added. I have another problem.

To generate the assembly file for new ARM machine with extra registers,I
follow these steps:

1) clang -emit-llvm main.ll main.c
2) llc -march=arm -o main.s main.bc

In this case it doesn't use the registers which I added to the
architecture. Do you have any ideas?

As far as I know, the generated ll code doesn't depend on the target
(right?), but I see this line in the ll code : target triple =
"x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
Could it be the problem?

I really appreciate if anybody can help.

Best Regards,
A. Yazdanbakhsh

PhD. Student
University of Wisconsin-Madison