[LLVMdev] Backends supporting multiple LLVM revisions...

Joe Abbey jabbey at arxan.com
Fri Dec 7 11:32:53 PST 2012

Richard,

We're in a similar situation.  We sit in the middle of clang and LLC and moving to a strict TOT development plan has become our way forward.

Still, I'm deeply interested in solving this problem at some level.  We've even considered building an API layer on top of LLVM to be able to selectively choose between 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, ToT, etc.

I'm going to investigate the C API, as I've now heard two people speak to this as a possible solution.

I'd be interested in hearing more details about your need for conditional compilation, I presume it's around the need to change things like functions whose parameter list has change, type renames, etc.

Joe