[LLVMdev] Minimum Python Version

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Dec 3 10:14:31 PST 2012

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012, Eli Bendersky wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:

>>> One of the most conservative distributions is Debian.

>> RHEL/CentOS is more conservative. RHEL 6 ships Python
>> 2.6.6, RHEL 5 (which is still widely used) ships 2.4.3

> Python 2.4.3 until 2020? I doubt that anyone considers this seriously.

Extended support lifespans, probably not, but main support
intervals, certainly tens of thousands of paying customers
subscribe to Red Hat's model (or the hundreds of thoudsands
usig CentOS rebuild of the same sources) take a stable API
quite seriously

One thing I am missing here is:
 	What is the ** NEED ** for chasing a later
 	Python version?

-- Russ herrold