[LLVMdev] [RFC] "noclone" function attribute

James Molloy James.Molloy at arm.com
Mon Dec 3 09:48:02 PST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers. My patch now calls the attribute "noduplicate",
and updates CodeMetrics to have another field:

bool notDuplicatable;

Which semantically is "containsIndirectBr || containsNoDuplicateInst". I
didn't repurpose containsIndirectBr because I felt what I'm looking for
is sufficiently different (indirectbr inhibits inlining, whereas
noduplicate does not, if there is one call site).

I still need to ensure InlineCost is correct; patch will be incoming
tomorrow morning.

All uses use CodeMetrics, except for JumpThreading because it has an
early-exit mechanism as Nadav has explained.

Cheers,

James