[LLVMdev] Minimum Python Version

Marc J. Driftmeyer mjd at reanimality.com
Sun Dec 2 23:18:42 PST 2012

One of the most conservative distributions is Debian.

The python_defaults package has moved to 2.7.3 in Sid and 2.7.3~rc2-1 in
Wheezy (Debian 7.0 now on its 4th beta and soon to be release candidate
status).

I personally run Sid/Unstable in order to get general release builds of
LLVM/Clang > 2.9, never mind 3.2.

It seems reasonable to target 2.7.3 as the oldest python release.

- Marc J. Driftmeyer