[LLVMdev] How to uniquely remember a loop?

Rao, Prashantha Prashantha.Rao at amd.com
Tue Aug 21 04:17:02 PDT 2012

>On Aug 16, 2012, at 1:09 PM, "Rao, Prashantha" <Prashantha.Rao at amd.com<mailto:Prashantha.Rao at amd.com>> wrote:

>Hi-

>I am writing a pass to traverse loops and collect some analysis data and later on come back to transform the IR. In the analysis phase I need to >remember statistics regarding every loop in the program. What is the best way to uniquely remember a loop?

>Probably too late to help you but... loops are identified by their header block. Depending on your situation you might directly >point to the block or refer to its name. If you need to be more robust across CFG optimization and inlining, you'll have to use >debug info instead.
>-Andy

More than one loop may share the same header; I can certainly run LoopSimplify as a prepass. But will that ensure unique loop header for each loop. As I will be performing transformation after the analysis other optimizations will not interfere (hopefully).

Will the debug info metadata be available always?  If so, what are good pointers to explore?

Thanks,
-Prashantha