[LLVMdev] DAGTypeLegalizer::RemapValue failure

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Thu Aug 16 14:46:13 PDT 2012

Hi Anat,

The assertion needs to be there.  This bug happens when a value is returned from the type-legalizer handlers, and is RAUW (replace-all-uses-with).  The values to be replaced are saved in CSE map. Often, changing these value trigger additional RAUW calls. The RAUW invocations call the type-legalizer callback which need to manage the node state (new/analyzed/etc).  The problem is that multiple invocation of RAUW (due to CSE changes) sometimes keep the type-legalizer data-structure in an unstable state. I don't know of an easy fix to the problem. Here is a quick workaround: When you are type-legalizing values,  try not to use the old un-legalized values. I found that this reduces the cases in which these bugs occur.

Nadav