[LLVMdev] Load and store debug information

Alberto Magni alberto.magni86 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:27:25 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am currently looking for more accurate debug information.
In particular I am interested into relating load and store IR
instructions to the corresponding array subscript.
Current debug information associate each instruction to the source
code line they come from.
I would like to extend this, for loads and stores only, to make
metadata point to the
source location where the array subscript is.

I guess that this kind of debug information would be useful to provide
feedback to
the programmer about optimization opportunities, in particular in a
polyhedral framework.

Is this something reasonable to ask for ?
Is there any "easy" way to achieve this ?

One more thing.
Reading the documentation about source level debugging [1] I have noticed that
the IR snippet presented in "Object lifetimes and scoping" is not equivalent to
the corresponding piece of C code.

Thanks

Cheers,
Alberto