[LLVMdev] Register Coalescer does not preserve TargetFlag

Jakob Stoklund Olesen stoklund at 2pi.dk
Mon Aug 6 11:30:10 PDT 2012

On Aug 6, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Jim Grosbach <grosbach at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Jakob Stoklund Olesen <stoklund at 2pi.dk> wrote:
>

>> The getNextOperandForReg() function isn't used anywhere,
>
> Should we remove it?

'Anywhere' was a slight exaggeration. It is used by the defusechain_iterator template in MachineRegisterInfo.

If science ever discovers a way of declaring an inner template as a friend without including the .h file, we can make it private.

There's nothing wrong with using the method if you know what you're doing. We should probably put some warning signs in its header comment.

/jakob