[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] GCC 4.7.2 will have Win64 SEH (by default)

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Sat Aug 4 14:15:11 PDT 2012

+LLVMdev

On Aug 4, 2012, at 9:45 AM, João Matos wrote:

> Charles Davis did a lot of work on Win64 SEH support in LLVM, check commits r131652-r132880.
>
> As I haven't tested it yet, what exactly is broken?
It's not finished yet. All the stuff for assembly code that uses Win64 EH is done, but not the code-gen-side stuff (cf. Win64Exception class in CodeGen). I was about to finish it, but then real life happened :). This would have allowed us to use DW2-style EH on Win64, but it still would have been problematic for VC++ EH.

Kai Tietz was interested in finishing it, so I emailed him what I have. I assume he's been working on it--he recently submitted a patch to fix the permissions on .pdata/.xdata sections that I got wrong :). I've CC'd him as well so we can see what he has for us.

Chip