[LLVMdev] How to create a mangler instance from target machine?

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:50:11 PDT 2012

Dear LLVM,

Sorry, maybe the question was not clear. Here's an example. Consider
an LLVM user supplies a function called "function.with.dots" to
backend. Backend generates an object containing symbol
"function_2E_with_2E_dots". This is the effect of Mangler in work!
Question: how user is supposed to know about this name change at LLVM
user level, i.e. without digging into backend internals?

I'm trying to create my own instance of Mangler, but there is no
MCContext around. Is it the right way to go? What could be done in
this case?

- Dima.