[LLVMdev] Problem in accessing Loops in other Functions Problem in accessing Loops in other Functions problem in accessing the Loops in other functions

shanmuk rao shanmuk.rao008 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 23:11:54 PDT 2012

I am using LoopPass because I need the LoopDependence analysis which seems
to work with only LoopPass

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:05 AM, John Criswell <criswell at illinois.edu>wrote:

>  On 4/27/12 2:05 PM, shanmuk rao wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am using Loop pass ( runOnLoop() function )
> In this function I want to access all the Loops in all the functions in
> the current Module
>
>  the LoopInfo Pass only gives the Loops in the function where the current
> Loop resides :-(
>
>  Is there any other Pass by which I can access the Loops in others
> functions as well ?
>

> I assume you're using a FunctionPass to do your analysis or optimization.
> Try writing your pass as a ModulePass instead; a FunctionPass should only
> operate on code within the function that it is analyzing/modifying.
>
> -- John T.

> Regards,
> Shanmukha Rao

Regards,
Shanmukha Rao
Compilers lab,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.

mobile : nine 7even three one eight eight one two 7even two
mail : shanmukrao AT csa DOT iisc DOT ernet DOT in
         shanmukDOTrao008 AT gmail DOT com