[LLVMdev] CriticalAntiDepBreaker rewrites a register operand of a call instruction

Akira Hatanaka ahatanak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:59:20 PDT 2012

Hi Anton,

I ran llc with -verify-coalescing. There were no error messages.
Then I added code in MipsPassConfig::addPreEmitPass() to prevent machine
verifier from running post delay -slot-filler, and ran llc again. Again,
there were no error messages.

This is the list of passes run after post-RA scheduling. machine verifier
is run twice after post RA scheduler (and CriticalAntiDepBreaker) is run.

      Post RA top-down list latency scheduler
      Verify generated machine code
      Analyze Machine Code For Garbage Collection
      Machine Block Frequency Analysis
      Branch Probability Basic Block Placement
      Verify generated machine code
      Mips Delay Slot Filler
      MachineDominator Tree Construction
      Machine Natural Loop Construction