[LLVMdev] CriticalAntiDepBreaker rewrites a register operand of a call instruction

Akira Hatanaka ahatanak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:21:32 PDT 2012

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I compiled the .ll file with llc with command line options
-verify-dom-info, -verify-regalloc and -verify-loop-info.
I didn't see any diagnostic messages.

When I add -verify-machineinstrs, it complains that there are instructions
after terminator instructions.
It seems that these error messages are printed because the verifier does
not understand that mips has delay slots, not because it has detected any
true violations.

$ llc macroblock.llvm.mips64el.ll -mcpu=mips64r2 -O3 -o macroblock.s
-mattr=n64 -verify-machineinstrs

# After PreEmit passes
# Machine code for function start_macroblock: Post SSA

BB#0: derived from LLVM BB %entry
    Live Ins: %A0_64 %T9_64 %RA_64 %S3_64 %S2_64 %S1_64 %S0_64
    BEQ %A0<kill>, %ZERO, <BB#2>
    NOP
    Successors according to CFG: BB#2 BB#1

# End machine code for function start_macroblock.

*** Bad machine code: MBB exits via unconditional fall-through but doesn't
have exactly one CFG successor! ***
- function:    start_macroblock
- basic block: entry 0x3ce4700 (BB#0)

*** Bad machine code: Non-terminator instruction after the first terminator
***
- function:    start_macroblock
- basic block: entry 0x3ce4700 (BB#0)
- instruction: NOP
First terminator was:    BEQ %A0<kill>, %ZERO, <BB#2>

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info