[LLVMdev] Little Problem about Variable memory allocating way in function

Jianfei Hu hujianfei258 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 09:18:55 PDT 2012

As I want to generate code for  the varaible declaration, at first, I
thought  AllocInstruction()could implement this.
However, the name "alloc" seems to allocate memory from heap memory.and the
local variable in function should  stay at stack memory.
In which way did llvm allocate memeory to AllocInstruction() ? Would the
memory allocated by AllocInstruction() be recycled back?
If not what is the ideal way to locate memory for local varaible in
function?

ps: I've tried llvm.org/demo to watch the IR code, however, it seems to
optimize so much to eliminate any intermidate varaible.