[LLVMdev] Trouble with tweaking test-release.sh script

陳韋任 chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Sat Apr 21 00:57:52 PDT 2012

Hi Bill,

  The preliminary result of regression test on ARM shows quit a lot failures,
which makes me nervous. After discussion on IRC, echristo and chandlerc sugguested
the following possibilities,

  1) some flag weirdness
  2) miscompile via cross toolchain
  3) architecture-specific fundamental bug

chandlerc told me compile LLVM/Clang without "-fno-strict-aliasing" first, see
if those failures gone. If not, turn off all optimizations when building
LLVM/Clang. But I have trouble with tweaking test-release.sh so that it can
compile with "-fno-strict-aliasing" option. You can see the script I modified
at [2]. Although I set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to "-fno-strict-aliasing", I see
no "-fno-strict-aliasing" in llvm.make-Phase1-Release.log, seems CFLAGS and
CXXFLAGS don't work. Do you know the correct way to enable/disable compiler
options?

  Thanks! :)

Regards,
chenwj

[1] http://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~chenwj/tmp/regression-test.txt
[2] http://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~chenwj/tmp/test-release.txt

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,