[LLVMdev] Error compiling simple loop, Casting.h used by Polly

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Fri Apr 20 07:09:50 PDT 2012

On 04/20/2012 03:02 PM, Alexander Potapenko wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Is there a PR about this? I've just hit the same assertion with
> AddressSanitizer,
> http://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/issues/detail?id=67

I am not sure if this is a general LLVM bug. It rather seems both Polly
and AdressSanitizer try to generate an invalid cast. If you can
reproduce this bug, it should be easy to understand. I would guess there
is an IRBuilder somewhere in the backtrace, which is used to generate a
cast. The types are probably incompatible. Unfortunately the backtrace
from Ryan does not contain any debugging symbols and on the .c
file I cannot reproduce the problem.

Let me know if you found out what was the problem.

Cheers
Tobi