[LLVMdev] datalayout optimization question

Sebastien DELDON-GNB sebastien.deldon at st.com
Tue Apr 17 00:44:38 PDT 2012

Hi Jim,

First of all, thanks for the quick answer. I'm just asking this question because in presence of target specific 'datalayout' information I see significant speed-up on benchmarks, in certain rare cases I also see slowdowns. So before digging into the sources to understand what's going on, I wanted to understand if there is an identified set of optimizations that are known to benefit of 'datalayout' information.

Best Regards
Seb