[LLVMdev] Potential Google Summer of Code Applicant

Nathan Jeffords blunted2night at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:00:15 PDT 2012

Just a thought, but it would it make sense for garbage collection to be
some sort of minimal debug information for potentially optimized code.
Store just enough debug information to reconstruct call stacks and know
where gc-roots are. Perhaps an approach like this could minimize the work
required as it is shared between gc-support and debug information support.
>From what I understand, DWARF exception handling is similar in that it
makes use of similar information to understand where things are during
unwinding.