[LLVMdev] MDBuilder - helper for making metadata

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Sun Apr 15 08:11:56 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:

> Here's a first attempt at a MDBuilder class that makes it easier to create
> metadata.  It has utilities for creating range and tbaa metadata (which by
> a strange coincidence are the kinds used by dragonegg).

This seems like a fine interface. I'd love it for folks more familiar w/
the particular metadata categories to chime in.

One question, have you looked at the helper routines in Clang? Is there any
of that logic that should be sunk into this? Would we be able to replace
them with this, or would we just get another layer of indirection?

-Chandler