[LLVMdev] pb05 results for current llvm/dragonegg

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Sat Apr 14 00:48:00 PDT 2012

Duncan, Jack, et al.,

I realized yesterday that the basic-block vectorizer had not been
vectorizing selects, so I've now corrected that, and I also added the
capability for vectorizing pointers and generating the single-index
vectorized-GEPs that Nadav added a few months ago.

In my autovectorization benchmark suite, the select vectorization
triggers only once, and the GEP vectorization does not trigger at all,
so it is possible that these changes will currently have little
practical effect. Regardless, I am curious whether either of these
things might have an impact on the quoted results (especially the
select vectorization, as I imagine that the fortran frontend might be
smart enough to generate those).

Jack, if you have a chance to re-run these benchmarks, I'd be interested
to know if the result for the case using the basic-block vectorizer has
changed (>= r154735).

FWIW, I also added some additional options to help troubleshoot
regressions: bb-vectorize-no-pointers, bb-vectorize-no-select,
bb-vectorize-no-gep.

Thanks again,
Hal

--