[LLVMdev] gdb + clang/llvm

Roland Leißa leissa at cs.uni-saarland.de
Fri Apr 13 14:19:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I currently have a problem setting up gdb with clang/llvm.

I configured llvm/clang (trunk) with:
../llvm/configure --prefix=PROJECT_DIR/install_debug --enable-expensive-checks --enable-targets=host --enable-debug-runtime --enable-shared

Now, when I invoke gdb with the freshly built clang it basically works. I can look at backtraces, set breakpoints and so on but breakpoints are never triggered.
For instance:

I put the line
llvm::errs() << "hello\n";
in - let's say - Foo.cpp, line 1234

Now, I do in gdb
b Foo.cpp:1234

Then clang is run, I can see the output of "hello" but the execution doesn't break at this line.

Any ideas?

--
Roland